The MVMPO is comprised of the following six permanent members:
- Massachusetts Secretary of Transportation;
- Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) Highway Division Administrator;
- MVPC Chairperson;
- Merrimack Valley Regional Transit Authority (MVRTA) Advisory Board Chairperson, and
- Mayors (or their designees) of the cities of Haverhill and Lawrence.
In addition, one Administrator, Mayor, Selectperson, Town Manager, or designee from each of the following sub-regions participate in the MVMPO on a rotating basis:
- Region 1: Amesbury, Newburyport, and Salisbury;
- Region 2: Newbury, Rowley, and West Newbury;
- Region 3: Boxford, Georgetown, Groveland, and Merrimac, and
- Region 4: Andover, Methuen, and North Andover.
Representatives are selected by MVPC upon recommendations of each sub-region’s communities, and serve two-year terms.
The MVMPO meets at the MVPC offices, 160 Main Street, Haverhill, MA 01830-5061. Its meeting location is accessible to persons with disabilities. Upon request (preferably two weeks in advance of an MVMPO meeting), every effort will be made to provide accommodations such as assistive listening devices, materials in accessible formats and in languages other than English, and interpreters in American Sign Language. Contact the MVMPO Title VI Coordinator at 978-374-0519 (voice); 978-372-4890 (fax), or email@example.com (email).